Berry Global MACHINE OPERATOR COLLEGE HELP Airport Warehouse- Summer 2024 -$16 hr in Evansville, Indiana
Work 480 hours throughout the summer and earn a $1000 scholarship!
Berry Global, headquartered in Evansville, Indiana, is committed to its mission of ‘Always Advancing to Protect What’s Important.’ With $14.2 billion in revenue for fiscal year 2021 on a combined pro forma basis from operations, Berry is a leading global supplier of a broad range of innovative nonwoven, flexible, and rigid products used every day within consumer and industrial end markets. Berry operantinetes over 290 manufacturing facilities worldwide, on six conts, and employs over 48,000 individuals.
At Berry, we pursue excellence in all that we do and are always advancing to improve the way we work along with the products and services we provide. Our culture fosters trust and partnerships through appreciation, acknowledgement, and inclusion. At Berry, we are continuously improving to support our mission and exemplify our values of partnerships, excellence, growth, and safety. To learn more about Berry, visit berryglobal.com
We're Hiring | Join the Berry Team - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfZPJ_1fyXY)
• Inspect product for color and quality.
• Calculate the number of parts needed to complete the order.
• Place completed boxes on skids and individual parts in totes or on tray packs.
• Place product of poor quality in a scrap box. Products made of like materials are placed in the same box.
• Complete the corresponding paperwork for each order.
• Communicate with operators taking over your machine any quality issues you have encountered throughout the shift or customer specifications on the current order.
• Notify molding technicians of any quality concerns regarding product.
• Complete box count sheets. Fill out quality check sheet. If you give breaks, you must put the box you started with and ended with on quality check sheets.
• Check scales for proper set-up.
• Maintain work area in a clean and orderly manner.
• Place labels in the upper right corner of each box when packing tubs and lids. For boxes of caps. Place 4x6 label label placement box to the right side of Berry logo.
• Review quality check sheet.
• Notify O A 'S if sani-wipes are needed.
• Only customer driven orders get date, shift and clock number
• Maintain and enforce all company safety, environmental and department of health requirements
• Operators are also Operators assistants. They are to give breaks and assist operators. They are to get labels, travelers, and any supplies needed for a operator.
• High school diploma / GED equivalent and have the ability to calculate parts required.
• Strong organizational skills with proven ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to stand and walk for a minimum of 7 hours during an 8 hour shift
• Minimal lifting capabilities of 30 lbs. at a minimal frequency of 20 times per hour.
• Visual acuity of at least 20/50 for distance and minimal near vision ability to read 10 – 12 point print at a distance of 12 – 18 inches.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. (https://careers-berryglobal.icims.com/jobs/22992/machine-operator-college-help-airport-warehouse--summer-2024--%2416-hr/job?mode=apply&apply=yes&in_iframe=1&hashed=-1834445335)
Job ID 2024-22992
Position Type Temporary Full-Time
Location : Address 101 Oakley Street, Downtown