Berry Global PT PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT INTERN in LIBERTYVILLE, Illinois
Berry Global Berry Global, headquartered in Evansville, Indiana, is committed to its mission of ‘Always Advancing to Protect What’s Important.’ With $13billionin revenue for fiscalyear2019 on a combined pro forma basis from operations, Berry is a leading global supplier of a broad range of innovative nonwoven, flexible, and rigid products used every day within consumer and industrial end markets. Berry operates over290manufacturing facilities worldwide, on six continents,and employs over48,000 individuals.
At Berry, we pursue excellence in all that we do and are always advancing to improve the way we work along with the products and services we provide. Our culture fosters trust and partnerships through appreciation, acknowledgement, and inclusion. At Berry, we are continuously improving to support our mission and exemplify our values of partnerships, excellence, growth, and safety. To learn more about Berry, visit berryglobal.com
The PD Intern will assist Product Development Engineering in coordinating all aspects of projects pertaining to the improvement of proprietary products or the procurement of new proprietary or custom business.
This is a year round role based in Evansville, Indiana, Libertyville, IL, or Maumee, OH.
·Work under the direct supervision of a Product Development Engineer/Manager/Director to assist in the coordination of all aspects of projects pertaining to the improvement of proprietary products or the procurement of new proprietary or custom business.
· Interact with & lead multidisciplinary teams and organize production/development trials as needed.
· Acquire quotes from vendors on new tooling or modifications to proprietary tooling.
· Assist in determining costs on custom and proprietary projects.
· Develop, maintain, and update part drawings and tooling prints.
· Create models and prototypes of parts for customers.
· Assist Tooling Engineers/PD Engineers in the design of prototype tooling for projects.
· Evaluate prototype parts and make modifications to tooling, as necessary.
· Assist in modifying new or existing production tooling as necessary to ensure that parts are functional.
· Assist in developing quality assurance testing programs for customer and/or proprietary projects.
· Organize test data and prepare presentations, project summaries, reports, and analyses.
· Maintain and enforce all company safety, environmental, and department of health requirements.
· Currently enrolled as a student in an Engineering related field, preferably at the junior/senior level.
· Strong organizational skills with proven ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. (https://careers-berryglobal.icims.com/jobs/19587/pt-product-development-intern/job?mode=apply&apply=yes&in_iframe=1&hashed=-1834445335)
Location US-IN-EVANSVILLE | US-IL-LIBERTYVILLE | US-OH-MAUMEE
Job ID 2023-19587
Position Type Intern
Category Research & Development
Location : Address PO BOX 959
Additional Locations US-IL-LIBERTYVILLE | US-OH-MAUMEE